Monday, September 06, 2010

Sew busy!

I had a cake to do for this week...there was no direction given other than chocolate cake, chocolate fondant, chocolate filling. Done...now what?I added blue and some streamers and stripes...just putted around really. Then I realized something.
I made a cake to match my bedroom! I just made these pillows this week as well. I was inspired by http://sew4home.com/ What a fun website! They showcase so many great patterns and fabrics!

First I made this pinwheel style pillow as inspired by this article.
Then I made this mixed pattern/striped fabric pillow as inspired by this article (that fringe was tricky! I don't think I'm glad I didn't buy extra!!!)
And my favourite was inspired by this pattern. There are 2 versions of this one on their site. One is made with 2 fabrics like this one but the black & white one has clearer directions...the thought of 'fussy-cutting' sent me running so I went with alternating fabric instead!

I don't believe I have ever done this much sewing before but it is good to be using my fabric and catching up on some old projects! I finished the curtains for our room ages ago and posted about them back in June!!!

Enjoy!
Heather

No comments: