Friday, January 28, 2011

Sew Lucky!

I have totally been holding out on you! I don't know where the time has gone but we made the kids some super Christmas Gifts that I have yet to share...but first I will start with this week's project...Please take a moment and notice that I switched up my thread for this project...to pink and black...it took some time...
After much debate we went with the black sleeves...and then added the pink ruffles. They were inspired by this dress. I might try appliquéing like that...I think I have just the shirt to do it with!

For Christmas...Sarah got a bed for Taryn her Maplelea Doll. A Maplelea Doll is much like an American Girl but the Canadian Version.
Mr CB designed and made the bed...then it was up to me to create some bedding to go with it.
The Quilt is reversible (of course!)
Oh and I finally recovered her chair to match her room as well...I originally made this chair for Sarah years ago...
I am going to admit it here and now...I am totally living vicariously through Sarah and her girliness...I hope that she never holds it against me but she's just so fun to make things for!

But I promise, I will come back with what we made for the boys really soon! (Simon is currently napping so I can't take photos!)

Enjoy!
Heather

2 comments:

Shari said...

The bed and bedding came out great. Good job mom and dad!

I also really like the chair. What do you use to give it shape?

Heather said...

Thanks! I made the forms for the chair myself...quite a few years ago...I just created a new cover for it to match her new room!