Friday, August 29, 2014

Big Batch Cooking - Chicken with a Little Beef on the Side!

I don't love cooking unless it's a project. Turn it into a project and it's like magic. How do I do that? Easy! Big Batch Cooking!

Now that summer is almost over and I have settled into life again (in other words I can think again with camps finishing a few weeks ago). I find myself wanting a nice selection in my freezer so here's what I did!

You are seeing some of our favourite freezer meals here...


  1. Chicken Taquitos! Check this out... The Happy Money Saver makes me happy!
  2. Chicken Soup! I bought a whole chicken, cooked it up with onions, celery and carrots and then made it up as I went!
  3. Chicken Fingers. Boy do I love these!!! These are from my Looney Spoons Cookbook (don't have it? Look it up!) but I found the recipe for you on My Food Infatuation


Then because that didn't seem like enough, I cooked and shredded more chicken to make Chicken Pot Pies (with ready made pie crust!) another recipe by The Happy Money Saver and I also have some beef strips marinating and ready to be turned into stir fry.


So here's the scoop!
  1. I put the taquitos and chicken strips on trays and froze them. Once they were frozen I transferred them to bags.
  2. The soup cooled and went straight into the containers to freeze.
  3. I double the pie plates on the chicken pot pies and then covered them with foil.
  4. The Beef Strips are all ready for another Looney Spoons recipe Wok This Way (I couldn't find this one on-line so you better just buy the book!) ;)
My freezer is a little fuller and I'm a little happier in the kitchen now!

Enjoy!
Heather


No comments: