Thursday, August 21, 2014

Flipping Over You!

Everything I do I do in spurts and I am on an especially long sewing spurt...in the winter I made my boys these awesome shirts! They love them and I made one for Mr. CB too! The pattern is Ethan by one of my favourite designers... SisBoom! Their patterns are fantastic, they are easy to follow and they always finish beautifully.


Anyway...I was thinking about this pattern and how I could make it work for the Creative Princess...as I was finalizing my vision (it was all in my head) it came to my attention that the Ethan was the pattern for Flip This Pattern


That's when I knew it was meant to be so the Creative Princess and I had some discussions about design, colour and buttons (buttons are important right?!) and I went to work!



I want to start by saying, I have never done anything like this before. Seriously! But somehow the final product was just as I imagined it! The Creative Princess was eager to get this shirt on and loved showing it off to Grama CB! I watched her wear it all day wondering how I managed to pull it off!


To make this shirt meet the Creative Princess' approval I made a few changes to the pattern...
  • Cut off the collar, widened the neck and added elastics.
  • Changed the sleeves.
  • Flared the bottom of the shirt.
  • Lengthened the back of the shirt so it has a bit of a high-low look.
  • Stitched a 2" black elastic to the waist.
  • Moved the buttons so it buttons on the girl side of the shirt.

I honestly couldn't be more pleased! I am seriously considering making one for myself I love it that much!

Watch out for my tutorial so you can make yours!

I hope you love this as much as we do.

Enjoy!
Heather

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Isn't it so gratifying when a)visions are as you imagined them and b) you get a response like the one you received from the Creative Princess?!?!?

Excellent "flip" and extremely girly!!

Jenya @ While she was sleeping said...

Gotta love it when the final result looks just the way you imagined in the first place :)Love this flip!