Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Knock, knock.

Who's there?
Irish.
Irish who?
Irish you a Happy St. Patrick's Day!

HA! I got that one and a few other fabulously cheesy jokes in the mail from a friend yesterday! It's good to laugh about nothing! As it turns out this friend LOVES St. Patrick's Day! I wish she could have been here for the day...we had some real adventures...and there weren't too many crafts...really...just one...'cause building a Leprechaun Trap isn't a craft...is it? I don't think so...

We began with some food...but then the Lucky Charms Squares (sub Lucky Charms in for Rice Krispies) went missing! Look at that plate, empty! Oh but at least the gold at the end of the Rainbow Twizzlers didn't go missing...
So, there was a need...and a trap was built. The bait was Corn Pops...we thought it looked rather like golden nuggets...the kids did this themselves! I am SO impressed! Boy, I love those kids...they are so fun!
Thank goodness the squares returned just in time for snacktime! Whew! That was a close one! We didn't catch the Leprechaun but he did spill the bait everywhere and leave the squares behind!

Here are some of our lunchtime treats...green kool-aide, green popcorn, green pancakes, and of course our rainbow licorice and the squares...
Ahhh, and here is the craft we did...not super crafty...see? I think my friend could do it...it took less than 10 minutes...what do you think? I think they would be totally fabulous for our Summer Vacation Bible School too...we'll see!
Oh and here is Simon in his shirt...he was napping when I took the above photo...he wouldn't stand still for a photo (I guess that's why most of his photos are in the highchair!) He does LOVE his shirt though...he wanted to sleep in it.
Then again...maybe he was afraid of that Leprechaun coming to pinch him when he took all of his green off!

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone!
Enjoy!
Heather

No comments: