Monday, June 01, 2009

The Big Fore- tee

When a friend asked if her I would make a golf cake for her husband's Surprise 40th Birthday Party I jumped at the chance! I have been working diligently on building a bit of a portfolio lately and golf cakes are just not in demand in our house!

So, I showed her a few ideas but in the end went with this two-tier design...

The top tier is a chocolate-sour cream cake with cookies and cream filling while the bottom layer is vanilla with strawberry buttercream. Everything on the cake was edible with the exception of the flag pole...
After posting the pictures I reflected on the cake and what it might have meant to my father...he golfed...he wasn't a fancy golfer but I think he would have gotten a kick out of this cake. So, this one is for you Dad...

Any of course for Andy, the birthday boy! Happy Birthday Andy!

Enjoy!
Heather

No comments: