Friday, June 16, 2017

My Lighthouse

I am pretty sure this was my first time at Peggy's Cove as a an adult. Like a responsible, care giving, adulty adult. It was definitely the first time I drove myself there. I was so overwhelmed. By the power of the ocean as waves hit the rocks again and again along the shoreline.


We stopped at the Swiss Air 111 Memorial. It's hard to believe it's been 18 years. Time has such a funny way about it. It's a gorgeous spot to sit and be. Hold steady and pray. 


We enjoyed an oceanside picnic. Waves crashing against the rocks and us well away from it all, hair whipping in the wind, the sharp taste of the ocean washing down our food.


My hostesses were more than happy to have their photo taken...when they weren't directing me around the point up and down on the rocky landscape. Especially with the iconic Peggy's Cove lighthouse.


No matter which way you turn, there is another gorgeous view.


And all the lobster traps. So many of them. Still a little disappointed ours was removed from our gardens.


Every adventure requires good treats and great company! These girls couldn't have been better hostesses. They loved showing me around!


Shining in the darkness I will follow you.


You will carry me safe to shore.

So overwhelmed.
So in awe.
So blessed.

Much love from Peggy's Cove,
Heather

No comments: