Thursday, July 23, 2009

Sandy Surprise

Well, as I mentioned on Monday our days are chalk full of celebrations as of late...but we are often late so here is my Mother's birthday cake...I wanted a beach cake for her as she camps all summer long and loves hanging out at the beach.

Now the incredible thing here is that I had the cake iced and the sand laid but the cake was not yet decorated when she called at 10am today and said she was going to pop by!!!! Ack!
Wo with little time to spare the kids gave me some ideas and we were off to the races...I made the sand dollars, star fish and shells within an hour and got them on the cake!

Sean also insisted that the cake needed a flag so here you go Grama! I know she loved it...we almost made her cry!
Here is a special moment between Grama and Simon...aren't they sweet?

We sure do love you Grama!

Enjoy!
Heather

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is SO cool! I can see she loved it! Hope you're enjoying the Blog Hop! Have a great weekend!

Nancy M. said...

Wow! That really looks like sand! Awesome!