Sunday, February 15, 2009

The sound of music...

I was asked this week to make a cake for our church's choir as a number of birthdays had recently passed. When I asked what they would like I was told "put a few music notes on it". Well, I pondered this and it seemed simple enough...

Maybe even a little too simple (I rarely take creative shortcuts!) so then I thought...what if I make a round cake with Happy Birthday on it...

I did a quick web search and learned all about how "Happy Birthday" is based on the song "Good Morning". I found the music for "Good Morning" and set to work...of course as I was getting everything together I had a thought (shhh, it really does happen!) I realized that Happy has one more syllable than Good (heavy, I know...) so the music might not be the same. I called a musical friend and she confirmed that my music wasn't quite right but time was tight and I went ahead with the music for "Good Morning to you..."

Without further adieu here is the final cake...

The cake was 4 layers alternating chocolate and yellow cake with buttercream icing...they said it was delish!

Enjoy!
Heather

No comments: