Tuesday, October 28, 2008

And so it begins...

Well, for those of you who don't know...Halloween is a very important time at our house! It is a family holiday here...each year we choose a theme and we all dress accordingly. This year's theme was Dr. Seuss...unfortunately Horton was not interested in participating in this shot (if you look just above Thing 1's head you can see a snippet of our little elephant!Here he is a few days before our Hallowe'en Party all dressed up and ready to go...listening to those Whos!
Now we understand that that Whos are smaller than Horton but Cindy Loo Who has been eating her Wheaties lately 'cause she is bigger than Horton now!

This one is my favourite picture...I am still in awe that we managed to convince 12 children to all sit on our steps and not one of them complained about it! We are missing the youngest attendee in this photo but at 5lbs11oz she needs her rest!

So, all of these kiddies have tried out their costumes in advance and are ready to go out for some Frightful Delights on Friday!

Happy Hallowe'en Everyone!

Enjoy!
Heather

2 comments:

lilQTangel said...

What a cute idea...we are thinking about using this theme for halloween and were wondering where you purchased the who costume it is so adorable and I can't find one anywhere. Thanks

Heather said...

Wow! Thank you! We had a lot of fun both the Horton and Cindy Lou Costumes were picked up used...The Cindy Lou costume is a dance outfit that I sewed braids onto and bought crazy tights to go with.

My best advice is to start hanging around your local thrift shops. I got lucky and found this on my first visit. I was just looking for something that was totally over the top and fell in love when I saw the matching bonnet!