Thursday, April 17, 2008

Graduation Page

I am working on this page for a special friend of mine who is very much looking forward to her step-daughter's university graduation in June. She asked me to come up with something and frame it so she could have a special momento from the day...

I was pretty stumped for colours on this one as the university colours are red and blue so I decided to go with red and black. The first 2 verses of "Oh the places you'll go" by Dr. Suess are the journalling around the edges of the white paper it goes...

Congratulations!
Today is your day.
You're off to Great Places!
You're off and away!
You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes
You can steer yourself
any direction you choose.
You're on your own.
And you know what you know. A
nd YOU are the guy who'll decide where to go.


I know that this isn't anything like she was imagining but it is my first go at it so I hope she really likes it. I would like to change the red paper to a textured red (I also tore it a little short), I have a typo on the white in the verse and there was an accident with some water on the large photo mat so it has puckered...oh yes and I would like to change the black ribbon to a satin ribbon rather than the grosgrain but first I need approval on the artwork! ;)

I hope she likes, strike that...I hope she loves it!

Enjoy!
Heather

No comments: